Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Think Before You Ink Part 3 0f 9


INKING OUTLINES

I ink the outline of each character first. There’s a few reasons for this:
1. You always start with the biggest most basic shapes and work down to the tiniest details last. Your drawing and inking will be much more solid that way.
2. I can start to see how my line weights are working in relation to each other. Do I need to thicken up any lines? Where is my light source coming from? If the penciler has not defined a clear light source, assume a top down light source. Things like that all come into play.
3. I’ve now divided this big giant 11x 17 cover into four smaller figures. Start big and always refine as you go. If the piece isn’t beginning to work at this stage, all the detail and rendering I add will not save it, but make it worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home